Hydrocolloid gel for wounds
What is Flamozil?
Flamozil is a paraben-free hydrocolloid gel indicated for the care of local, dry or moist wounds.
To be used for acute or chronic wounds such as:
- Superficial burns
- Grazed skin
- Surgical wounds
- Bedsores (decubitus)
- Open leg sores (ulcers)
- Improves wound healing and reduces scarring
- Prevents scarring and promotes epithelisation
- Rapid cooling, soothing and pain relief
- Used by leading wound experts in difficult and chronic wounds such as diabetic foot, pressure ulcers, necrotic wounds and burns
- No stinging, no irritation
- Less pain during dressing change
- helps to keep moisture levels optimal
- hydrates dry wounds
- Controls microbial environment of wound
- Medical device class IIa
How Flamozil work?
Flamozil is a medical device that indirectly promotes wound healing by regulating the microenvironment of the wound.
What Flamozil contain?
Flamozil is composed of an acidic carbomer stabilised by carnosine, a basic peptide naturally present in the skin. Covering dry wounds such as grazes and surgical wounds with this carbomer has an occlusive effect: it stops the evaporation of moisture and reduces fluid loss through the epidermis.
Carnosine buffers the acidic polymers and also acts as an antioxidant.
The carbomer absorbs excess fluid from moist, exudative wounds.
Flamozil cools and softens contact with plasters and/or bandages and is non-adhesive.
Composition: acidic colloidal carbomer, carnosine, water, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.
How does Flamozil apply?
- clean and disinfect the area to be treated
- apply Flamozil to the wound without touching the wound with the container
- apply a bandage or plaster if necessary
- clean and disinfect the wound
- carefully pat dry
- apply a thick layer (0.5-0.75 cm) on the wound without touching the wound with the container
- apply a bandage or plaster
- replace gel and or bandage/plaster at least daily
- reduce the application of Flamozil as a scab appears on the wounds
50 grams tube, 75 grams spray
Oystershell Laboratories Belgium
Articles about product
- 20 pacients with chronic and acute wounds - Under supervision of Frans Meuleneire (Wondcare Centre AZ St Elisabeth Zottegem – Belgium) Clinical evaluation: - positive effect on wound cleaning - sufficient hydration of necrotic wound - enhances autolytic debridement...
Promotion activities for Flamozil continue. The latest promotion action was the partnership participation with ROPHARMA at the 2014 National Congress of Pharmacy, 15th edition (September 24 to 27).